Sunday, October 14, 2012


So here it is, my pantry.  Don calls our pantry the vault.  It is a good description, because we have a lot invested in it.  Besides the investment in food that will cost me the same to serve six months from now, as it did the day I grew it or canned it, we have a large investment in time.  Time to provide for ourselves healthy nutritious food with no preservatives or added salt, and time to preserve the traditions that made the homesteader's and pioneers thrive!  It is a proud tradition, and I am proud of the vault.  I have canned more than I ever have in my life this year, and have learned so many new things!
Here is the rest of it.  The dry goods things are stored in another cabinet.  We will have to replace the shelving in the first picture this year.  It isn't big enough for what I want to do, so we will be exploring storage options to get the most use of our small space.

4 comments:

  1. I've shopped in grocery stores smaller than your pantry! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! Kind of nice to have the garden all put by, and have my own fast food. I've already done the time consuming part, now it's just a matter of opening jars and serving them.

      Delete
  2. I came across this photo on pinterest while looking at "canning" in general. I have been canning for a few years, and this year we are planning to do more than ever. I cant wait until I am able to have a pantry as full as yours!! (If I had a pantry... which I do not.) Right now I have cases upon cases of jars piled all over the house waiting to be filled. I don't know what I am going to do with them when they are full!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to hear you are planning on doing more canning. I have taken out this old shelving, and put in much bigger shelves that are four jars deep, instead of two. We did inventory last weekend, and I am embarassed to say I have canned us out of room again.

    ReplyDelete